Sunday, August 9, 2015

Summer Vacation 2015

Not much to show for in the crafting section, only these pot holder for my mom (as ordered). I have made many of these, see info in earlier posts.

I had a great week in Lofoten, Norway with my family, parents and uncle. Did get time for some horseback riding at Hov Hestegård, a memorable time "tølting" along the beach.
Icelandic horse Mimir.
I visit the Skral festival in Grimstad and listen to Hozier. <3 <3
Later my husband and I went to England; here are some pictures:
Tracy Park & Golf in Wick
Victoria Park, Bath
The Island Chapel in St.Ives
St. Michael's Mount outside Penzance
The Bear Hotel in  Devizes
My 18 year old son got his driving license this summer, see him drive out of the yard for the first time was a milestone.  He has spent the last fourweeks in the US. He has been a counselor at a summer camp. I even got to read about him in the local paper Leader Telegram! I am very proud of him. The biggest event is though seeing my cabin being built up in the mountains. It actually made me cry the first time I saw it. It should be ready for Christmas. Got to make quilts, curtains, and furniture this fall!
Now back to work!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks to be a wonderful time. I've never been overseas. I would love to some day. The pot holders are lovely.

Craftycreate said...

Looks like a lovely holiday a cabin too wow for you! The pot holders are very pretty!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

You've had a busy time! Your potholders look great and your holiday photos are lovely. And your cabin is wonderful! I'm very envious. Good luck with all your Fall making :) Also congrats to your son - learning to drive really is a milestone :)
And, Finally, thank you very much for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)