Monday, April 5, 2010

What block is this?

I have a jelly roll that I want to use. I think I will make a lap quilt, but do not really need another one... Anything else I can make of this block?

I have made a sample block as described below. I know I have seen this block somewhere, anybody knows the name of it?












Cut jelly roll  (2,5 inch strips) into 6,5 inch lengths. Sew 3 and 3 strips together. Press. Cut each block diagonally.

















Set each block with the 90 degrees corner in the middle as shown on the picture. Sew block together. Press.

Finished block size is 8,5 times 8,5 inches.

I have also finished another Rauma Cable Hat, for myself this time. It is the 6th this winter.

3 comments:

Fabric Samples said...

Your hat is too cute.......

Lappedamen said...

Er det mulig å bestille en til kommende vinter?

Lappedamen said...

Hva med å sy en duk til spisebordet av de flotte blokkene? Eller hva med hagebordet?